Hiking on Mount Plose
Your hiking holidays in South Tyrol & Dolomites
During your summer vacation do you want to visit one of the most beautiful places in the Eisack valley and wander there extensively or with a mountain bike? With the Plose you have a tempting destination, where all your holiday dreams are fulfilled. And our hut on the Plose is the ideal starting point to explore the local mountain of Brixen over a day trip, a mountain weekend or during the summer holidays. As typical hiking hut we are so well located, so that you have all the important interfaces such as parking, cable car station, hiking trails and mountain bike trails right outside the door. And after an unforgettable hiking day on Mount Plose, you may race down to the valley on Mountain Carts on the approx. 10 km long route from Val Croce directly to the Lodge Trametschhütte.
Dolomites | Hiking paradise | Summit joy
Refresh yourself after the tour on our sun terrace …
Hiking paradise Mount Plose
Even from afar you can see their mighty mountain ridge, which is actually a mountain with three peaks: the Gabler (2,576 m), the Pfannspitze (2,547 m) and the Telegraph (2,486 m). If you explore the Plose, you have thus the key to our whole region in you hands. It’s perfect to indulge the walking desire, to break as a mountaineer to summit or to ride a mountain bike along wonderful panoramic trails and then race down exciting downhill passages. In our hiking hut you can stop before the way up or even better after your tour, regain strength and relax on our sun terrace. Here time never runs away – because the way up as well as the valley station are indeed just 200 meters in front of you.
Hiking tips & Summit joy
While hiking on the Plose you can choose from a very attractive tour diversity. Here are some routes that we particularly recommend: The walk to the picturesque church Freienbühel approximately begins at our hiking hut. Slightly more condition requires the three-summit tour, when you visit the highest points of the Plose. During the ascent to the Plose hut you will be overwhelmed by a great 360 ° panoramic view, once arrived at destination. And if you have your children with you, of course, the family trail Woody Walk is the ideal solution. This is 5 km long and with its many gaming stations certainly there is no space for boredom. At its end, the Rossalm, the Eisack valley reveals itself from its most beautiful side.
In the heart of the hiking area
Do you want to stay with us in your walking holiday in Brixen / Plose? We are very family friendly, welcome you with comfortable accommodations, and in addition to our farm animals we have also a playground for your kids next to our hiking hut. Also walking groups and clubs are welcome with us. While our panoramic restaurant can host about 60 people, on the sun terrace even 100 Plose visitors can find a seat. If you want to explore Brixen / Plose, at the Lodge Trametschhütte near the cable car you have a perfect base that will embellish your holiday experience with culinary specialties and a pleasant stay in the holiday resort.
Hiking holidays in South Tyrol
Summer highlights on Mount Plose …
- Cinematic Moments on Mount Plose (sunrise Mount Gabler): In July and August, you can experience unique sunrises on Mount Plose every Friday, the cable car “Pfannspitze” takes you almost all the way to the top.
- Brixen Dolomiten Marathon: A must and a challenge for every runner at the beginning of July – the Brixen Dolomiten Marathon in front of a breathtaking mountain backdrop.
- Mountain Bike Testival: All bikers should mark September on their calendar, when the Mountain Bike Testival takes place in Brixen, where everything new about bikes can be tested.
- Mountain Fall on Mount Plose: From September to October, you may participate in guided tours on Mount Plose on the occasion of the mountain fall, a special kind of color spectacle.
- Almg’schichten: From mid-October to the beginning of November you may dive into the South Tyrolean tradition of leisurely hiking with friends thanks to Isarco Valley Almg’schichten.